$100K to locate your business in Tacoma? If you’ve got a good idea, you might qualify!
The TACOMA CHALLENGE is intended to drive awareness of Tacoma as an outstanding place to grow your product, idea, or creation. Tacoma wants YOUR company and has the resources, network, space, and funding that you need to flourish. Visit Tacoma Challenge on their Facebook Live Stream or in person to meet the mentors and founders to learn how YOUR COMPANY can win it all.
More information on website: tacomachallenge.org
How it works:
1. Attend Informational Session in person or Live Stream
on April 27, at Union Club Tacoma.
NOTE: This event has been POSTPONED until late 2020 when the COVID-19 pandemic has made conditions safe for travel and public gatherings. We are tentatively scheduling the event for November.
2. Submit your application when available in late 2020.
3. Five founders will then be selected to receive a stipend to travel to Tacoma to pitch their ideas to our judges in.
4. The winning team receives $50,000 of equity-free cash, $25,000 in free co-working space, and $25,000 in in-kind services.
5. The two runner-up companies receive $5,000 of equity-free cash, $25,000 in free co-working space, and $25,000 in in-kind services.
*All winning teams must commit to moving their company headquarters to Tacoma for a minimum of 1 year.*