Pierce County businesses are eligible to apply for the $4,275 EDB Thrive! Grant for Expert-Level Consulting Assistance.
The Economic Development Board for Tacoma-Pierce County (EDB) is partnering with the Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA)-Tacoma Business Center and the WA State Department of Commerce to help businesses recover and rebound from the effects of the pandemic. Based on the Edward Lowe Foundation’s highly successful System for Integrated Growth (SiG)℠, Thrive! Program gives businesses access to experts, analytics and best practices that are usually only available to the largest companies.
Armed with this new-found knowledge, businesses will be able to address vexing internal and external issues that have been impeding growth. These issues can be related to sales and marketing, human resources, accounting, finance and operations, supply chain management, international trade, succession planning, customer prospecting and more. Graduates of this type of program typically experience a 15% to 30% increase in revenue.
- > Must have a physical location in Pierce County
- > Employ between 6 and 99 employees(pre-COVID)
- > Must have been in operations since March 13, 2015
- > Private-for-profit company
- > Provide products and service outside of Pierce County
- > Application preference given to black, indigenous, people of color (BIPOC) owned-businesses, women-owned, or veteran-owned.
- > Must have annual revenues over $1M
- > Must have identified 1-3 key issues which, if solved, will enable the company to grow at an accelerated rate, capitalize on new opportunities, and increase productivity.
Apply here! We are accepting applications until Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 11:00 PM PDT.