E-Contractor Academy & Minority Business Accelerator May18-Jun22
May 25 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm PDT
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until June 22, 2022
The Minority Business Accelerator provides a small minority construction business (MBE) with a comprehensive long-term training program, support and business opportunities to enable rapid and profitable growth. The Accelerator is unique because of the participation of a select group of general and prime contractors who are committed to supporting MBEs and providing a pipeline of project opportunities. In-Person Networking and Graduation is June 25, 2022.
- E-Contractor Academy – 6 weeknight sessions of instruction by contracting and business leaders
- Support Services – The opportunity to receive up to 2 years of individual consulting services by subject matter experts
- General & Prime Contractor Partnerships – Connection to general contractors seeking to increase their MBE contractor relationships and early access to bid opportunities
Each session includes:
- Featured content
- A presentation by a general or prime contractor
- A MBE success story or peer learning opportunity
Topics covered include:
- Construction industry trends and technologies
- High-road practices
- Financial matters
- Project bidding
- Marketing and more!
The E-Contractor Growth Academy is a 6 week online and in-person program introducing key strategies and information needed for profitable business growth.
Cost: Free, no cost to participants
Who should attend?
While the program is open to all contractors priority will be given to firms with the following characteristics:
- Minority-owned Business Enterprises
- Multi-family, Residential, Public Works and Commercial Construction Scopes
- Contractors in or interested in the Clean Energy Trades such as Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, and Refrigeration
- Established Businesses – 3 years or more in business
- Business Revenue from $250K – $1million
- Project Scopes from $100K to $1million
- Owners seeking to grow their business
- Are available to attend at least 5 out of 6 Academy sessions
- Three hours per week in the virtual classroom during weeks 1-6
- In-Person Networking and Graduation is June 25, 2022
Registration and Information:
Facilitated weekly cohort classes
- Where: Held Virtually. Links provided at registration.
- Time: 6pm – 9pm PT
Week 6: Networking Event
In-Person Networking and Graduation is June 25, 2022
Wednesdays online for 6 weeks, May 18 – June 22, 6pm – 9pm PDT
In-Person Networking and Graduation is June 25, 2022.