- This event has passed.
How to Pivot and Successfully Re-Emerge Your Business During COVID [SBDC]
July 15 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm PDT
Imagine having to pivot your organization of almost 17,000 students and approximately 900 staff in one day from in-person learning to online teaching. In addition, remember at that time the pandemic is new, unknown and information is constantly changing.
You also need to devise a strategy to keep all of these people safe, and physically and emotionally healthy. Dr. Johnson, the President of Green River College did not have to imagine this scenario, she lived it.
Please join us for our live webinar which details how she accomplished this task and was very successful at it. Also, going forward, she will offer insight on how to re-open and her vision of the “new normal”.
President Johnson will be discussing what her thinking process was, and strategies that she used to pivot GRC . She will answer the question…how to address almost insurmountable changes in a short amount of time and be successful during that challenge. How did she turn the ship before it hit an iceberg?
· Planned for a rainy day
· How to look at the impact those changes have on employees…and what we can learn from that.
· Going forward…what can we expect in this COVID world?
President Johnson will also update everyone on topics important to the relationship between the business community and Green River College. She is committed to expand the direct lines of communication so as to best serve our local businesses.
Topics will include:
· Paid GRC Internships
· Increased wages in small businesses
· Highlighting what GRC has to offer the business community
· Listening to what the business community has to say
· Opening an ongoing discussion to include the business community in providing information and requesting information to make this relationship as
synergistic as possible.