- This event has passed.
Understanding Financial Statements [SCORE]
March 9 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm PST
- Finance/Accounting terminology
- Why your Balance Sheet is so important
- The relationship between The Balance Sheet & Income Statement
- Cash & accrual methods of accounting
- Taxes and your Income Statement
We encourage participation by all attendees. Asking questions and sharing business experiences adds to the educational value you will receive. Get to meet other entrepreneurs and establish networks. Your comments and suggestions are welcome. We want all to be completely satisfied.
SCORE’s Small Business Essentials Workshops prepares individuals to make the right decisions and create actionable plans when starting a small business. Whether you are starting a business on your own (one-person business) or a business with employees, we have the right set of workshops to help you succeed. All the workshops are about three hours in length and taught by experienced SCORE Mentors. See more information on these workshops here.
Listen to what others who have attended this workshop have to say about the instructors and the program:
- Instructor gave real world examples and was very responsive to questions.
- The instructor answered questions by applying the financial principles to our specific businesses.
- The instructor was excellent – very encouraging and provided a lot of great examples.
- I will be able to incorporate the workshop info into my real-life opportunity.
- Really finally learning the differences between the Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
- I loved this workshop – the instructor made everything interesting.
- Great to learn how to do a breakeven analysis and the other financial statements.
About the Presenter
Joe Jordan, MBA Finance has 20 years as an Equity Analyst in International financial markets, specifically European equities with business leaders such as 501 Commons, and the Taproot Foundation. Joe’s expertise includes fundamental analysis, technical analysis, financial models, budgets and forecasting, and valuation analysis across a wide variety of industries and countries. To learn more about this presenter, see his LinkedIn profile here: Joe Jordan