Due Date : July 25, 2018 1:00 PM
Periodically, Whatcom Transportation Authority (WTA) experiences an opening within its leadership team, made up of six Directors and a General Manager. A director-level opening is anticipated in 2019, potentially requiring the assistance of an executive search firm in late 2018. In addition, WTA will likely need to recruit for a new General Manager in the next few years. WTA invites qualified and experienced executive search firms to submit qualifications and proposals to assist in the selection of Executive level positions.
Scope of Work: The services are to include, but may not be limited to, the below list. WTA may require all or some of these services be performed during the contract term.
– Define and finalize the position requirements and develop a detailed recruitment profile.
– For a General Manager search, establishes responsibilities of the Board of Directors (BOD) search committee comprised of elected officials, WTA staff, and consultant staff.
– Establish search timelines.
– Meet with WTA and community stakeholders to establish applicant screening emphasis.
– Identify recruiting market.
– Identify recruitment strategies for minority and women candidates.
– Produce recruitment materials.
– Advertise and outreach to potential candidates.
– Manage the evaluation and selection process of final candidates.
– Provide regular progress reports to the search committee.
– Recommend selection strategies for finalists.
– Perform reference interviews.
– Conduct background checks including credit reports and criminal background investigations.
– Assist WTA BOD with General Manager level searches during interview days.
– Advise on public disclosure requirements.
Please see Instructions for Proposal